Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Birthday

I celebrated my 66th birthday today by first going out for breakfast at Perkins - I like their potato pancakes and good coffee.  Then we went to the Mammoth Site at Hot Springs, we hadn't been there for a couple years so there were some new bones exposed of the huge mammoths.  From there we had lunch at a local place in Hot Springs and went on to the Wildlife Loop in Custer State Park.  On the way we saw buffalo and many prairie dogs, some prairie dogs even crossed the road in front of us - first time I've seen that.  We saw many more buffalo some antelope and donkeys in the Loop.  We then came home for a rest and went to dinner at the Alpine Inn in Hill City.  I opened my gifts from my daughters and received nice things.  So it was in all a great day.

Mammoth bones exposed

Can see the tusks

Buffalo guarding sign

No comments:

Post a Comment