Monday, February 25, 2013

Polly's Perfect Gifts

Today I went to lunch along with seven other women to Polly's Perfect Gifts, a "tea room" in Wildwood,  FL.  It was written up in the newspaper and sounded like a fun and interesting place for lunch.  I was disappointed, perhaps I expected too much.  I ordered a quiche which came with a very small green salad and a little dish of Cole slaw on the plate.  Everything was the same temperature - I am a sticker for having hot things HOT and cold things COLD.  It was $9.95, overpriced for what I was served and the raspberry ice tea was $3.59.  Our order was taken and our food served in good time, but that was the last we saw of the servers (owners) until we finally got their attention for some more tea.  One woman ordered dessert which she never received.  18% tip was added as we were a large group, I definitely would not have given over 10%.  We eight had a table for ten and before we were done a couple was seated in the two remaining chairs at the end of the table.  The staff had to push around us to get the them.

This may be the last time for Polly's Perfect Gifts.

The visiting was fun, it was a good group and I enjoyed that part on this hot and humid day.


No comments:

Post a Comment