Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Birthday celebration and new glasses

I went to Lens Crafters to order new glasses.  I wear contacts but need glasses for in-between times.  My old glasses are 6 years old.  They cost a lot more now!  The saleswoman took pictures of me wearing my top three choices and showed me them, side by side, on her tablet.  Really helped in choosing.  I got dark purple, just regular frames.  Hope they will be good for another 6 years.

We went to Culver's for lunch and waited and waited.  Meanwhile we could see cars moving along in drive thru.  After a slight complaint we got our food and coupons for sundaes next time.  Then we went to Fresh Thyme for raspberries for 88 cents a small carton.  Also picked up a few more things on sale.

In the evening I celebrated an early birthday with our family.  This was a good time to get everyone together.  We went to Osaka Japanese Steakhouse hibachi table.  They always have great food, too much food but great.  Then we went to the Dennis' home for cake and ice cream.  I got some great gifts:  a shirt from each Sheila and Brenda, necklace, wine (Bad Ass Rhubarb), gift card, candy, nuts, bag and more.  It was a fun evening and a super way to celebrate.  THANKS to all.







No comments:

Post a Comment