Friday, August 5, 2016

Cold soup and cranberry bread!

I had a surprise when I opened our bedroom shade this morning, a man was outside my window.  I left the window area as fast as possible.  Then I realized a crew was working on replacing the missing edging around our townhouse.  I got up my nerve and went back to open the window.  Rather than replace the missing edging they pulled it all up from around the side of the house to the front of the deck and put in new and then filled in with new rock.  Looks nice.

We went to HyVee for a few groceries and again a bakery item appeared in my cart.  I got several spices for the motorhome which were $1 each, good deal.

Don needed to go to Harbor Freight which is north on the I 494 loop so as long as we were going that way we ate dinner at Q Cumbers.  They had cold soup which was excellent:  tomato base with chopped tomatoes, shrimp, herbs and spices and a lot of chopped avocados.  Also had excellent bread made with cranberries and rice flour.  I should have limited my eating to the soup and bread but of course I had more (it is a buffet).  Then my stomach was upset all night.


Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill!

No comments:

Post a Comment